duh.... Tektronix 4010 has no microprocessor!

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon May 5 09:17:09 CDT 2008

Richard writes:
> I don't know why I never realized this before, but the Tektronix 4010
> graphics terminal is implemented enitrely in SSI TTL logic and
> contains no microprocessor.  I guess that makes sense with it being
> introduced in 1971, but it just suddenly hit me like a brick.

My favorite parts of the 4010 are not even SSI TTL. There's
a pot you turn up (I seem to recall a Unijunction oscillator)
and down to change the baud rate for example :-).

> PS: anyone need a 4010 service manual online?  I have one and just
> noticed it hasn't been scanned on the net anywhere.

There was something pretty spastic related to Tektronix and
archives of their scope documentation a couple years back,
but what you need seems to be online at bitsavers.org right
now. You might have to look under "401x" instead of "4010".
Wow, 101 Mbytes for what I'm looking at right now!

Tim.