Interconnecting classic computers

M H Stein dm561 at torfree.net
Tue May 6 15:20:42 CDT 2008

-----------Original Message:
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 11:14:08 -0400
From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Interconnecting classic computers
To: General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts
	<cctalk at classiccmp.org>

M H Stein wrote:
> Has anybody ever tried interfacing a modem to a cordless phone handset?
> It shouldn't be too hard to use a C/L phone as the wireless link between two
> modems.

With an acoustic coupler, or with a direct connection?  Do cordless
handsets carry the entire spectrum of sounds a corded phone does?

Peace...  Sridhar

I was thinking direct connect; seems to me all you'd need is a small matching
transformer and some attenuation.

Bandwidth ought to be good for 1200 bd absolute worst case, but I'd be surprised
if you couldn't go faster. More research is needed...