Interconnecting classic computers

Antonio Carlini arcarlini at iee.org
Thu May 8 17:05:52 CDT 2008

der Mouse wrote:
>> 128MB SDRAM is dirt cheap (£1 or so) and that is likely to be enough
>> buffering for almost any classic machine.
>
> Yes, but what about the logic necessary to drive it, refresh it, etc?
> I certainly know *I* have no idea what is required, and doubt what's
> in
> my TTL drawers would do the trick.

None trivial to be sure, but probably not rocket science. I'm sure
I've seen a project or two in Elektor (iirc) that used SDRAM. But
a quick flick through a few likely issues failed to produce
anything.

I've never had to interface to SDRAM, so I cannot say how hard it
is. But the data sheets are readily available.

Antonio

Checked by AVG.
07/05/2008 17:23