Interconnecting classic computers

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Thu May 8 18:32:45 CDT 2008

Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:32:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: der Mouse

> I think there must be - below some minimum power, pretty much anything
> must go in most bands; otherwise, things like spark plugs in car
> engines would be illegal because they splatter a little power all
> across the RF spectrum.  (Not much power, but pretty much clear across
> the band.)

Do you mean that you folks outside of the US were spared Ron Popiel
and "Mr. Microphone"?!  Surely you had his "pocket fisherman"... "It
makes the perfect Christmas gift!"

Yes, the US does permit unlicensed very low power transmission on the
radio broadcast bands.  I don't recall if there is a specific power
mentioned or simply a propogation distance.  Right now, I'm listening
to the Beeb World Service on a radio in the bedroom, thanks to a low-
power FM transmitter attached to the server downstairs.

I don't know if there's a similar provision in UK law, but it might
be worth investigating...

Cheers,
Chuck