Shipping equipment (was: Re: Prepare to chuckle...)

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu May 8 19:07:36 CDT 2008

In article <48238B46.1070508 at oldskool.org>,
    Jim Leonard <trixter at oldskool.org>  writes:

> Marden P. Marshall wrote:
> >
> > How's this for a horror story?  A few months back, I bought a really
> > nice IMSAI dual 8" floppy drive system from someone on eBay.  It set me
> > back $2000.00.
>
> I think that's the horror story right there (paying $2000 for the drive).
>
> When it arrived damaged, did the seller refund your money?  Did you have
> the money in escrow?

When I've recieved damaged goods from ebay (ok, it wasn't $2k,
but...), I've negotiated with the seller that they pay the shipping
expenses and sometimes a little more.  Of course, for what I'm buying
its like $10 for the unit and $75 to ship it being more typical than
$2k for the goods and whatever for shipping.