Shipping equipment

Doc Shipley doc at mdrconsult.com
Fri May 9 13:14:10 CDT 2008

Jim Leonard wrote:
> Doc Shipley wrote:
>>   So basically, the sellers who accepted escrow deals weren't the ones
>> with whom we needed the escrow protection.  No big surprise.
>
> Still, you wouldn't know that until you use the service.

   The escrow service we used was fine.  What I said was, given that the
idea behind *using* the escrow service was to guarantee the seller's
performance, the sellers with whom we needed that guarantee refused to
accept escrowed payment.

>> Hindsight is a wonderfully useless thing.
>
> I disagree.  "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it."

   Analyzing my own mistakes is indeed useful and imperative.  Analyzing
someone else's mistakes on the basis of incomplete understanding of the
circumstances data - that profits nobody.

	Doc