Transformer repairs

Ade Vickers javickers at solutionengineers.com
Thu May 29 14:56:53 CDT 2008

Dwight Elvey wrote:

> Hi Ade
>  If it is a switcher, it sounds like you don't understand how
> these work.

You're right, I don't; although I'm getting a better idea.

> Please send a pointer to the schematic you located. We can
> then talk about failures in switchers.

The schematic is available in this document:

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/cbm/schematics/computers/c64/sx-64/sx64sc
hematics.zip
(that's a 19.7mb download)

The PSU info starts on P25 of the PDF, and the schematic is on P28 (2nd to
last).

OK, let's talk failures ;) If you've got any links which give a sensible
description of how a switcher works, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers,
Ade.

Checked by AVG.