CDC / Honeywell system remains, Baltimore, MD

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Thu May 29 16:57:29 CDT 2008

On Thu, 29 May 2008, William Donzelli wrote:

>> Anyone have any idea what the red rack laying on it's side in this
>> photo might be?
>>
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/2526235416_93ea66ef6d.jpg
>
> IBM 3741, I think.

The rack in the foreground near the bottom of the image?

Hopefully some of this stuff can be saved. The guy who published the feed
might be good to talk to too when looking at salvaging the gear from he
offices. I know he wasn't too happy to see everything get so trashed. The
punch cards were supposedly mostly still in the drawers back in Jan/Feb
but tons of them got tossed down one of the stairwells, probably by some
teenagers. Those may need to be cleaned up for safety reasons anyway when
looking at bringing this stuff down from the offices (which I think are
upstairs but I'm not 100% on that).