Tek 7904 scope at McGill in Montreal

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Thu May 29 22:42:00 CDT 2008

At 11:05 AM 2008-05-29 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all, with all the talk of "classic" scopes: if anyone wants it
>and is in the neighborhood, a Tek 7904 scope was put out to pasture on
>our floor here at McGill, so I dragged it into my office.  I can't
>keep it here for too long so if there's no interest, I'll put it out
>again.
>
>It's got one 7A19 Amp, a 7D11 Digital delay, and a 7B53N Dual Time
>Base; the fourth slot is empty (but covered).  It appears to at least
>somewhat work: power, lights, traces, etc.  It was last calibrated in
>82 according to a sticker.

Before it goes in the dumpster, if no one claims it, send me the plug ins!

My 7904 has a 7A26, 7A18, 7CT1N (curve tracer!) and 7B53A. It came to me
with shorted tantalums in the power supply-- might power up, probably
won't- just goes tick! tick! tick!

Took me weeks to find and replace all the caps that were bad. Works a treat
now.

Tom

-----
157. [Poetry] Seduced, shaggy Samson snored. // She scissored short. Sorely
shorn, // Soon shackled slave, Samson sighed, // Silently scheming,
Sightlessly seeking // Some savage, spectacular suicide.  --Stanislaw Lem,
"Cyberiad"
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531