PDP-8/e and terminals in West Sussex, UK

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:14:51 CST 2008

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> Tony Duell wrote:
>
>> What do people consider to be the 'holy grails' of classic computer
>> collecting?
>
> Do people collect CPUs that no longer have peripherals or are bereft
> of any sort of software?
>
> If so, what is done with them, other than to use them as doorstops?

Collect enough and they do help save on heating bills - there's less free open
space in your house to need heating :-)

(It'd be interesting to do a poll on how many systems each of us here has, and
how many hours a year each of those systems actually gets run for - I suspect
the results would be quite disturbing!)