Poll (was Re: PDP-8/e and terminals in West Sussex, UK)

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Thu Nov 6 06:42:35 CST 2008

With a lot of my equipment I'm not sure where the "classic computer"
bits start and end.  I'd classify my Ensoniq Mirage as at least somewhat
on-topic, being basically a 6809-based computer with a very complicated
sound chip ;-)

I've got a pair of Alesis MMT-8 sequencers that are basically an 80C32,
some RAM, some ROM and some glue logic to interface a 16x2 LCD and a
keypad.  You can get the circuit diagram off the 'net - it's
surprisingly like any simple home computer design from the late 70s
onwards...

I've had to get rid of a lot of stuff recently, due to lack of storage
space.  However now that my PDP11 is back out of storage, I'll probably
get that run up before the end of 2008.

Gordon