[personal] Re: PDP-8/e and terminals in West Sussex, UK

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 07:37:44 CST 2008

Mike Hatch wrote:
 > I know there was a PDP7 within two miles of where I am now, but it's so
 > heavily policed, literally, there's no chance of getting in to check.

Is/was that NGTE? I thought the site was cleared out of pretty much everything
and therefore the PDP7 would be long gone...

> Would add as "real finds" -
> SDS 930 series
> Leo III
> Elliott 80x series

It's possible there's still an Elliott or two lurking in storage somewhere.
Unlike nearly all other machines from that era, they seemed to have survived
much better. Still not many around now, of course - but I think there's more
chance of finding an 80x 'barn find' [in the UK] than any other system from
that era.

cheers

Jules