Free: Cipher Model 920 9-track tape drive

Marden P. Marshall mardy at voysys.com
Sun Nov 9 10:33:53 CST 2008

I have a brand new Cipher Model 920 9-track tape drive that needs a
new home.  It can do either 800 or 1600 BPI and uses what I believe is
a Pertec like interface, i.e. Pertec compatible signals, but non-
standard connector pinouts.  It also comes with a complete set of
documentation and schematics.  From the picture below, you can see
that it is still in the original shipping frame with all of the
protective paper still on the plexiglass.

	http://web.mac.com/mardy/iWeb/Cipher920/front.jpg

It was given to me for free by someone else on the list, so I'm going
to continue the tradition and offer it for free as well.  For local
pickup, I am located in Southern New Hamphire, but I am also willing
to ship it if someone is willing to cover the shipping costs.  I have
already crated it.  I am guessing that it will be somewhere around
$150.00 to ship it within the continental US.

-Mardy