IBM 1620; was: 1602

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Nov 12 16:27:53 CST 2008

On 12 Nov 2008 at 14:01, Brent Hilpert wrote:

> Idle curiousity: under what scenario do you have an assembler for the
> 1620 running? (something new or something old running on layers of
> emulation?)

Hand-assembled and entered, using my trusty Monitor II SPS manual by
my side.  Code entered and tested using SIMH.

It wasn't that hard--I can remember most of the 1620 opcodes even
today--and I think I may even still have part of a "1620 Absolute
Coding System" pad washing around somewhere among my flotsam and
jetsam.

Has anyone set up a 1620 SIMH Monitor II simulation complete with a
1311?  It might be fun, although I'll probably discover how much
patience I had when I was much younger when I go to use it.

Cheers,
Chuck