NeXT station cables - was RE: NeXTstation advice sought

Andy Holt andyh at andyh-rayleigh.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 05:55:56 CST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org]On
Behalf Of Mr Ian Primus
Sent: 11 November 2008 15:38
You need the sound box and this wacky cable. I have been unable to track one
down, I've been looking on and off for a couple years. Never could find one
at a sane price. I once even sat down with the schematics and drew up a
diagram of what I thought the cable should be, so I could build one. But,
since there is power in the cable, and I wasn't 100% sure I was right, I
never built it. I'd love to find a real cable so I can ohm it out and
determine the connections.
<<<<

I may be able to help.
Some time ago at a boot sale I picked-up some NeXT items: 3 sound boxes, 3
cables, and a mouse.
They were about to go into a skip in my next clearout, but it seems like
they would be more useful than I thought.
I have no idea whether these are in working order.
I am in the UK about 30 miles from London (use of terms like "skip" and
"boot sale" are a good clue as to which side of the Atlantic I am!)

if you email me (address below) please use plain text with no attachments
and retain the subject otherwise you may get lost in the SPAM

Andy
       andy holt tesco net
  with at in the middle and dots as appropriate.