OT Plugging : HP Integral IPC on ebay

Rik Bos hp-fix at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 16 16:33:26 CST 2008

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org [mailto:cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org]
Namens Tony Duell
Verzonden: zondag 16 november 2008 23:07
Aan: cctalk at classiccmp.org
Onderwerp: Re: OT Plugging : HP Integral IPC on ebay

> I'm repairing/restoring a HP-65 with severe oxidation-damage on the
> cardreader pcb and a lose headwire.
> This head was filled with white siliconkit so I was able to remove it
> and

That, I think, is the earlier version. I've never tried to dig out the
sealant to repair one.

> resolder the wire (yellow one). After resoldering,I refilled it with
> 2k

Which, IIRC, is connected to the other end of the winding that the red wire
connects to.

> epoxy glue, terminal resistance seems to be allright for both coils
> and I'm now restoring the PCB traces. The head connection explained it
self.

If you need any information (pinouts, testpoints, etc), feel free to ask.

-tony

Thanks, but it's fixed and working, and I bought 'your' CD a while ago due
time that was very helpfull.
Had to wire all the conductor paths on the cardreader pcb.
But I made notes about the head connections for who wants to dig.
Serial is 1509S07*** but I have another one with the serial 1506S05*** witch
has the head filled with epoxy.
|Re     Y ##to PCB
|   Blck  |    This is the connector layout in the head
|Bl    Or |

-Rik