sometimes you win, and sometrimes...

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:01:21 CST 2008

Jos Dreesen / Marian Capel wrote:
> ..you loose, like today, when I found out that on the, literally, 7581
> files I transferred between the Lilith and my Linux box, each last byte
> has been corrupted.....

How long did the transfer take? If it was a significant amount of time I think
I'd be looking at a quick bit of code to scan every file on the Lilith and log
the last byte against each filename - then transfer the log* and hack some
more code on the Linux side to fix the last byte...

* just make sure you add an extra throwaway byte at the end ;-)