5" floppy?.

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 15:18:03 CST 2008

> Now we have an auto industry that is mixing SAE and metric, much like UK a
> long time ago, other than the lack of Whitworth.

As I mentioned a week or so ago, I've just bought an HP59309
HPIB-interfaced clock. None of my HPIB cables will fit it. The reason is
that it's sufficiently early to have 6-32 UNC jackposts on the HPIB
connector, rather than the M3.5 metric ones that came later, and nobody
has done the conversion (new jackposts). I'm not going to do it either,
something that old should be kept original. I'll jute replace the locking
screws at one end of one of my (many) HPIB cales.

At least one UK machine tool manufacture was using an odd mix of screws
up to 10 years ago (and probaly still does). The lathe I bought form them
has a mix of BSW (Whitworth), BA, and metric fasteners.