5" floppy?.

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 14:50:34 CST 2008

> On Nov 25, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Tony Duell wrote:
> > I detest Phillips and Pozidriv screws. They always seem to strip or
> > 'cam
> > out' when you try to remove them.
>
>    Philips screws were in fact designed to do exactly this.  The idea
> was to prevent overtightening in assembly line environments.  Of

Oh for %deity's sake!. There exist things called torque screwdrivers for
this problem. And yes I have one.

Using the cam-out of a phillips screw for this is a kludge at best. It
doesn't happen at a precise torque (it depeds -- a lot -- on the azial
force applied to the tool), it damages the tool, and it damages the screw
head making it difficult to remove later.