RX01 missing felt pad, repair advice

js at cimmeri.com js at cimmeri.com
Wed Nov 26 19:08:37 CST 2008

>From: Tim McNerney <mc at media.mit.edu>
>Subject: RX01 missing felt pad, repair advice
>
>The felt pad that presses the floppy disk into the r/w head fell off my
>RX01 (or whatever dual floppy drive is actually inside a DECmate model
>III (a late edition of 6120-based PDP-8).
>Has anyone tried to do that repair?  What did you use for replacement,
>self-adhesive felt material?

*I've not worked on a RX-01 before, but I've been keeping my eye out for
suitable felt button replacements.   The only thing I've seen so far as
these felt pellets used in pellet guns... they come in .177 - .22 inch
sizes.     If you've lost the carrier as well, you've got a slightly
more difficult problem.

 JS
*