Bridges--Pertec-to-SCSI

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 16:13:41 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> Since we've broached the topic of bridges, does anyone have a Pertec-
> to-SCSI bridge that they'd like to sell?  I understand that these
> could be found in some old Overland drives...

As in you have a Pertec interface tape drive you'll like to interface
to a SCSI host adapter?

I have a couple Chi / Computer Logics PCTD16 ISA bus adapters which I
occasionally use with a couple of different Pertec interface tape
drives and they work well for me.  The PC using them can read and
write tapes way faster than the 11/73 with a Q-Bus Pertec controller
and the same tape drives.  I wrote some simple real mode DOS utilities
to read and write .TAP / .TPC files using the PCTD16 with the Chi TSR
interface software.  The last PCTD16 I got off of eBay for something
like $10 but without cables which would take some effort to build and
probably cost more than I paid for the board.

Don't you also have a PCTD16?  Have you been unsuccessful in getting
it to work for you with your tape drives?

-Glen