5" floppy?.

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Tue Nov 25 09:20:36 CST 2008

> Something I'd like to see is a serious effort to get rid of phillips
> screws.  The damn things strip out easily, slip out easily, and
> require considerable pushing.  Hex screws are okay, but when they get
> tiny, they too will strip easily.  Square-head or torx would be best.

Actually, I once saw screws which looked a bit like Robertson (the
square-socket kind) but with a triangular, not square, socket.  I think
they were intended as a "security" screw head; I just took a spare
screw whose shaft was large enough and ground it down to make a
suitable triangular screwdriver.  But they'd provide substantially more
positive clutching between driver and screw than even Robertsons....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org