SGI O2 on Eugene, OR CL

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Nov 30 12:21:37 CST 2008

At 10:08 PM -0800 11/29/08, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>On 29 Nov 2008 at 21:42, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>>  Of course I don't know that anyone on the list is down around Eugene.
>
>Except for me (I live there).  But I don't know a thing about SGI
>hardware or its valuation.
>
>I can ask, if anyone's really serious.

I'm not interested as I have two O2's and OS CD's.  The O2 is a nice
small example of SGI hardware, it's no real power house, but I've
been planning on turning one of mine into a MP3 Jukebox.  Basically
I'd like to try hooking one up to the home stereo, and put a web
interface on it.

Of course the downside to an O2, or several SGI machines for that
matter, is that they don't stack well.

I'm not sure what current values are, but since you're local and can
bypass the shipping, the price would be worth it for you, but I don't
know about anyone else, as shipping would tack on quite a bit.  I
paid $200 for a low end one nearly 6 years ago, and $250 for a high
end one (it was miss-listed and should have sold for about $1k at
that time).  I just checked eBay and it looks like low-end ones are
going for about $50, but you also need to tack on S&H which
practically doubles the price.

Zane