LED displays (TIL305, TIL308, etc.)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Oct 1 12:47:51 CDT 2008

On 1 Oct 2008 at 13:10, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > Yeah,  but a transformer,  bridge rectifier,  and filter cap is
> > *so* much
> > simpler.
>
>    Ugh. ;)

I was under the impression that old "B+ supply" transformers were
getting hard to find.  Not so, apparently.  I popped open a 1990's
stereo receiver that was about to hit the junkpile to see what might
be salvaged (one of the hybrid output ICs had fizzled and would cost
more to replace than the receiver was worth)--and found a 70-0-70
(140vct) transformer in the power supply.  Perfect for a Nixie
application.

Cheers,
Chuck