Unusual software carriers. (Was :Vinyl Data- Classic Computers )

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Oct 2 12:23:54 CDT 2008

On Thursday 02 October 2008 05:27, Gordon J. C. Pearce MM3YEQ wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 00:02 -0400, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > I've also been curious for some time as to how one could "pick off" a
> > specific scan line to get at whatever data was in there,  so if that
> > circuit is online anyplace I'd be interested in taking a look at it,
> > even if it's not precisely the same thing.
>
> Detect vsync then count hsync pulses.  Or, if you can make it accurate
> and stable enough, a monostable.

Maybe my grasp of current and recent signal processing techniques is a little
too tenouous.  My recollection of vertical sync is the composite sync pulses
fed into an integrator which put out a fairly rounded waveform,  giving
a "start of sync" point that was fairly ambiguous.  Maybe I oughta study up
on that there digital stuff.  :-)

-
M Dakin