WD1001 (Fortune-32?) Was: boards

dwight elvey dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 4 22:17:49 CDT 2008

Hi
 This would be a great board to connect a
MFM hard drive to a project computer. It wouldn't take
much to connect to most any computer, even an old S100.
These used a sector buffer so there is no issue with a slow bus.
 Most all the implementations of the WD1001 used that same
instructions. It would be truely easy to get this to work for
most anything.
 I put a different version of a WD1001 on my Olivetti M20.
It was a little easier than most because it already had the software
driver for it but I did have to write my own low level format.
 This board is much easier to use than floppy boards because
it buffers the data and doesn't require faster bus responses.
Dwight