NEC SX-4B on Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Oct 8 20:17:03 CDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 4:01 PM, <auringer at tds.net> wrote:
>>> There is an NEC "supercomputer" currently  with no bids ($100
>>> starting) on Ebay (140272067125). I would hate to see it get
>>> scrapped, but I am not in a position to buy it. There are not many
>>> hits on the auction page, so I thought I would spread the word
>>> here. Only a few hours left.
>>
>>    I'm going to see if I can grab that.  I'll be in that area with a
>> truck in a few weeks.
>
> I live about 70 miles away from it. I _may_ be able to lend a hand.
> Let me know what your plans are.

   I scored the SX-4B.  Well, actually my (sorta-) boss did, on my
behalf.  He's in Oshkosh.  I'll let you know how my travel plans
shape up; I'm putting together a large trip involving two Sun E10Ks
and two modern Sun big-iron boxen for work; I'll probably lump this
machine in with that trip.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                     Ahh, you voted for Bush?
Port Charlotte, FL               Happy now?