Mona Lisa

Roger Holmes roger.holmes at microspot.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 13:52:02 CDT 2008

> From: Mike Loewen <mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
>

>    Does anyone here have the source code for the program (FORTRAN?)
> which
> produced the large Mona Lisa printout on the 1403?  The one I
> remember had
> 3 or 4 printouts taped together.  Have any of the card decks survived?

I don't have it in Fortran nor for IBM but I think I have a deck of
cards for my ICT 1301 which produces a two or three page printout,
printing across the perforations. At the moment, I don't have a 100%
working card reader and I'm in the process of selling my spare 1301 so
all my 'spare' time is used up trying to put back together a 5 ton jig-
saw I dismantled over 30 years ago. At least I have an assembled one
for reference but I keep finding differences between the two machines,
one being the first one to leave the factory and the other probably
being one of the last.

I hope to make all my 1301 software, including the Mona Lisa, Snoopy,
the lady on a stool etc available online sometime together with some
of my many manuals and a simulator which will run on a Mac. Will need
to find someone to host the archive in perpituity, maybe BitSavers
would be willing to do it, but I haven't got the data off the Ampex
ten track tapes yet.

Roger Holmes
ICT 1301 S/N 006 and a cut and shut of 075 and 159.