Looking for AT&T 3B1/UNIXPC/PC7300 software

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Sat Oct 11 14:04:00 CDT 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008 14:53, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Al Kossow wrote:
> > > David, do you know whether ImageDisk will image them correctly?
> >
> > It appears ImageDisk doesn't work with 8 sector ones.
> >
> > The 3.51 utilities disks were copied OK with ImageDisk, except for the
> > VDI disk, which apparently is 8 sector.
>
> Hrm... any ideas why it won't image 8 sector ?  I'd think that
> smaller # of sectors would be easier....
>
> I remember using utilities under DOS to make funky formats...
> but I was always shooting for more capacity in the day (extra
> sector, extra tracks).... not less :-)

I remember some of those,  too,  and in fact had some in the files section of
my bbs.  But I also remember stuff that would deal with "foreign" formats,
in particular there was "Media Master" and "Uniform".  The former was simply
a file transfer program,  while the latter would actually "mount" a foreign
format disk under an otherwise unused drive letter,  both of which I had
occasion to use under CP/M.  I'm pretty sure that at least MM was available
under DOS as well,  dunno about Uniform.

-
M Dakin