NEC SX-4B on Ebay

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 12 22:36:10 CDT 2008

On Oct 12, 2008, at 11:22 PM, bfranchuk at jetnet.ab.ca wrote:
>>   Heh...*you* do.  I don't put up with that crap; I don't have the
>> patience!
>>
> I don't have the patience to try several versions of linux to have
> one that likes
> my hardware. Oddly I find linux a pain since that is becoming too
> graphic for
> my liking. Still I think things have be come far worse since
> Dynamic link libraries
> have come into effect. You never know what is linked in.
> I guess I used to small programs and memory spaces.

   It's only graphic if you tell it to be.  I manage about half a
dozen Linux systems (for an employer) and none of them have had
monitors attached to them since they were installed. =)

   But for *real* work, I run Solaris on Sun hardware.  No messing
around; I have work to do.  My PDP-11s are for hobby stuff...the
tools for work WILL *just work*, or they will hit the trash.  Zero
tolerance, zero patience.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire