Code reviewers sought for Lilith emulator.

Brian L. Stuart blstuart at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 13 09:35:12 CDT 2008

From: der Mouse <mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG>

> There is some force to the wheel-reinvention argument, but it's also
> often the case that the wheels provided by the toolkit are a bad match
> to the application (to varying degrees), so it's a question of whether

If no one reinvented the wheel, we wouldn't have the
pneumatic tire, and I'd hate to think what my Miata
would drive like on stone wheels.

> Also, the toolkits often are themselves pretty horrible code; I recall
> the shudders that came over me, years ago, when I looked at the Xt API

Athena widgets was an improvement over all of its
_successors_.  (But then my taste has been spoiled
by exposure to Plan 9 and Inferno.  I won't ever
see much beauty in any of the mainstream windowing
systems again.  Kind of like after TeX, everything
else makes me physically nauseous to one degree or
another.)

BLS