computer graphics in the 1950s

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 14:31:40 CDT 2008

> In article <20081016143058.V74632 at shell.lmi.net>,
>     Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com>  writes:
>
> > Which is MUCH more fun.
>
> ...for one person had at the expense of many subscribers.
>
> Honestly I don't know what it is about email that makes people think
> its fun to be an asshole.

Actually, with the exception of the Jacquard loom (which I would argue is
controlled by a sequencer and not a computer, since it doesn't have any
read/write storage for variables or conditional branching', I've found
the other answers to be interesting and sensible. Certianly things have
been menitoned that i'd not really heard of before.

And yes, I tend to be pedantic, both in e-mail and face-to-face. Before
trying to answer a question (or solve a problem, or whatever), I like to
be sure I know exactly what is being asked.