Teletype Model 43 ribbons (and old ribbons in general...)

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Tue Oct 21 20:11:24 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 21 October 2008 20:15, Fred Cisin wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> > Anybody have opinions on spraying a ribbon with WD-40?
>
> If you're going to that effort, why not spray it with INK?

Ink being a pigment and some sort of a solvent,  when a ribbon dries out
there's plenty of pigment there already,  it just needs a bit of solvent.
The one time I tried it the results were surprisingly good,  for a while.

Then pushing my luck a bit further I repeated the application.

I was using a rebuilt printhead at that time and the front face of it got
loose,  the company I was getting them from stood behind it.  I still have
one of their rebuilds in my old Oki 92.  :-)

And besides which,  I'm not aware of any ink available in spray cans like
that,  is it?

-
M Dakin