FS: How To Design Build & Program Your Own Working Computer System

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Fri Oct 24 11:57:54 CDT 2008

On Thursday 23 October 2008 16:02, James Wilson wrote:
> Steve Robertson wrote:
> > Thinning my collection of collectible books.
> >
> > If anyone is interested, make an offer for Tab Books: "How To Design
> > Build & Program Your Own Working Computer System" by Robert P. Haviland
> > Pub. 1979 . 308 ppg. This is a complete how-to for the SC/MP
> > microprocessor.
> >
> > Reply to me directly. Postage will be from Western North Carolina.
>
> Strangely, I'm sure I have the same title from the same publisher
> sitting on my shelf but it's for an 8080. When I was younger my Father
> built the design on some veroboard and found many errors in the book.
> One of these days I'll get around to finishing it!

I have both of these somewhere,  and the titles are not exactly the same,
though they're pretty close.  I've been posting a few odd books here and
there over on amazon,  it hadn't occurred to me to get into the TAB books yet
(or I haven't encountered that box yet :-).

Yes,  there are many errors in them.  Lots of typos,  and lots of blatant
errors too,  that seemed to be typical of the stuff from that publisher for
some reason.

-
M Dakin