FS: How To Design Build & Program Your Own Working Computer System

Steve Robertson steerex at ccvn.com
Fri Oct 24 08:06:46 CDT 2008

> > If anyone is interested, make an offer for Tab Books: "How To Design
> > Build & Program Your Own Working Computer System" by Robert P. Haviland
> > Pub. 1979 . 308 ppg. This is a complete how-to for the SC/MP
> > microprocessor.
> >
> > Reply to me directly. Postage will be from Western North Carolina.
> >

> Strangely, I'm sure I have the same title from the same publisher
> sitting on my shelf but it's for an 8080. When I was younger my Father
> built the design on some veroboard and found many errors in the book.
> One of these days I'll get around to finishing it!
>
> Cheers,
> James

Hmm....

I received several replies to the offer and did some more searching on
the net. It seems books with the same title are available on both Amazon
and Abebooks and are very reasonably priced. The booksellers listings
indicate they are all softcover. The version I have is hardcover.

The book is a pretty complete "how-to" for building the authors SC/MP
based "SCAMP" computer. It's quite possible the author did versions with
the same title except focusing on different microprocessors. Other
logical offspring would be the Z80, 6502,and 6800.

Does anyone have other versions of the book?

See ya, SteveRob

--
Steve Robertson
steerex [at] ccvn [dot] com