Memory test util for classic macs?

Joshua Alexander Dersch derschjo at msu.edu
Fri Oct 31 16:24:54 CDT 2008

Anyone know of a decent memory test utility that runs on classic macs (68k
based)?

I have an old Mac Portable that I'm struggling to get an OS on -- I
consistently get "bad F-line instruction" traps when booting from System 7
disks (floppies and CD-ROMs), which from what I can tell probably means bad
memory.  I'd like to find out if it IS memory, and if so, whether it's the
onboard 1mb (I hope not) or on the 4mb expansion...

My internet searches have come up dry (I've found stuff for OS X, and early
PowerMacs, but nothing for the 68k line).

Thanks,
Josh