CDC/VAX tapes and drives

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Tue Sep 2 12:18:48 CDT 2008

In article <B47159CF366745E5B12B78B99891FDCF at NFORCE4>,
    "Erik S. Klein" <ekklein at pacbell.net>  writes:

> Got this in the mail but the
> tape systems aren't of interest to me:
>
> --- Found your name on a website related to antique computers and
> components.   are some vintage items at our company that we will be
> discarding when we move to a new location so I am contacting you to see
> if you have any interest.  We have reels of tapes and tape drives that
> can read tapes written on VAX and CDC systems.	We also have cabinets
> for hanging reels of tapes.  There is other stuff around too like old PC
> systems and software that we are just beginning to go through.	So let
> me know what you are interested in.  Also if you are not interested in
> the tapes or tape drives do you know anyone who is?  I'd rather give
> them to someone who wants them then to send them to the recycler.  ---
>
> If you are interested please drop me a line and I'll forward the
> contact info.

Where is the stuff located?  Please remember that there are people
subscribed to this list all across the globe and announcements of such
large, heavy items are generally of no use to us unless we know how
much travelling/shipping is going to be required.