HOWTO: Connecting an IBM LPFK to a USB port

Tom Peters tpeters at mixcom.com
Wed Sep 3 16:45:05 CDT 2008

At 10:06 PM 9/3/2008 +0100, you wrote:
Excellent! You seem to have done some great work here.

I only have one question:

What's a LPFK?

-T

>Hi guys,
>
>I've just finished testing my fully assembled (i.e. intended-to-be-permanent)
>LPFK-to-USB cable. It uses an FTDI TTL-232R USB-to-RS232/TTL converter, a
>MAX232 level translator, five 0.1uF 0805-size surface-mount ceramic

-----
713. [Men] The Ideal Man should talk to us as if we were goddesses, and treat
us as if we were children. He should refuse all our serious requests, and
gratify every one of our whims...  --Oscar Wilde
tpeters at nospam.mixcom.com   (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting)    WEB: http://www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43° 7' 17.2" N by 88° 6' 28.9" W,  Elevation 815',  Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531