OT: Linux and OpenOffice

tonym tonym at compusource.net
Sat Sep 6 02:57:33 CDT 2008

Ubuntu looks pretty nice, even just the 'LiveCD' session i tried...

I booted up gOS beta 3, and it looks an awfuuuuul lot like Ubuntu...I assume there's some cross-breeding there
My WiFi worked on the Ubuntu LiveCD session, but does not under gOS LiveCD...

The old-school distros as nice as these out-of-box? Like Debian/Slackware/Suse/etc... ?

I'm starting an install of Ubuntu as we speak

Now, Jim, before I go digging, wasn't it you that mentioned some extra proggies for running games?
Was that to use std win games under *nix?

Tony