Mac SE Flyback!

Julian Skidmore julianskidmore at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 15:44:39 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

I hope a Mac SE is old enough to chat about here - it's hardly newer
than my pdp11 or Vax!

Anyway, the Mac's good, but the flyback Transformer burnt out a while
back and I was wondering what would be a suitable replacement. I have
information on the Mac Plus analog circuitry from Mac Tech and the parts
numbers for the Mac SE flybacks. However, none of this gives me the spec
for the flyback and since AFAIK they're not available any more, I'm
wondering how to get a suitable replacement. It doesn't have to look the
same, it just has to work and be reliable!

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~shamada/fullmac/repairEng.html

Tai-Ho/Taiwan R.O.C. 	TH-1565C 	Mac SE
Lifon/Taiwan R.O.C. 	157-0042-A 	Mac SE, Repaired analog board, SE/30
Lifon/Taiwan R.O.C. 	157-0042-B 	Mac SE, Repaired analog board, SE/30
Lifon/Taiwan R.O.C. 	157-0042-C 	Mac SE, Repaired analog board, SE/30

http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/images/plus_analog.PDF

This is probably going a bit far ;-) :

http://members.misty.com/don/samflyhv.html

-cheers from julz @P