Does anyone have an electronic copy of the "OS/8SoftwareSupportManual"?

Rich Alderson RichA at vulcan.com
Thu Sep 11 14:07:05 CDT 2008

From: Ethan Dicks
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 2:24 AM

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 06:33:21PM -0700, Rich Alderson wrote:
>>> OSSMB has some stuff about USR in chapter 2, and Appendix F has
>>> some code examples of how to do the usual stuff.

>>> Was there additional information in OSSMA?

>> I have access to hardcopy of two editions, at the computer room.
>> I'll check tomorrow and let everyone know.

> Thanks, Rich.  I'll be interested to hear what differences there
> might be.

It took a couple of days to get down here--too many things going on
at once--but I've finally had a look.  OSSMA is simply an earlier
edition of OSSMB.  There don't appear to be more than cosmetic changes
to the content (line spacing was tightened up and a different face was
used for the body text).
On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 06:33:21PM -0700, Rich Alderson wrote:
>>> OSSMB has some stuff about USR in chapter 2, and Appendix F has
>>> some code examples of how to do the usual stuff.

>>> Was there additional information in OSSMA?

>> I have access to hardcopy of two editions, at the computer room.
>> I'll check tomorrow and let everyone know.

> Thanks, Rich.  I'll be interested to hear what differences there
> might be.

It took a couple of days to get down here--too many things going on
at once--but I've finally had a look.  OSSMA is simply an earlier
edition of OSSMB.  There don't appear to be more than cosmetic changes
to the content (line spacing was tightened up and a different face was
used for the body text).

Rich Alderson
Server Engineer, PDPplanet Project
Vulcan, Inc.