OS/2 Warp, was Re: PCjr Telnet Server Test - Done!

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Sep 17 16:09:18 CDT 2008

> > The company that made it still exists (Stardock), and has made newer
> > verstions "Galactic Civilizations,"  "Galactic Civilizations: Altarian
> > Conquest" and "Galactic Civilizations II", but you'll need Windows
> > 2000 or later to run them.
>
> Interesting.  I'll have to track them down and see how the game looks
> these days.  10 years ago, it was pretty slick for a strategy game.
>
> -ethan

My favorite two games are still the Macintosh versions of the original
"Master of Orion" and "Warlords II".  Unlike the PC versions, the Mac
versions aren't limited to 640x480.  They'll go up to something like
1024x768 or maybe a bit larger (they won't go up to 1280x1024).  Still
"Galactic Civilisations" is a close third.

Zane