a new BBS...

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Sun Sep 21 03:48:49 CDT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:

> David Griffith wrote:
>
> > Now as soon as I can figure out how to do POTS modem dialing through a
> > cell phone, I'll call.
>
> Have a look in the AT command spec.  IIRC just sending ATD<number><CRLF>
> should set up a call as an ISDN call.  I'm *fairly* sure you can dial
> ordinary dialup modems with them, but I haven't got one (landline/dialup
> modem pair) to play.

Someone used to market a gizmo that when plugged into a regular cell phone
would present a seemingly genuine POTS line.  That's partially what I'm
after.  The other solution could be to use a Port-O-Rotary and an
accoustic coupler.  I plan to do this anyhow with my PT-210 terminal
when I can justify spending the money for the phone.

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu