a new BBS...

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Sep 21 17:28:18 CDT 2008

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008, Tony Duell wrote:

>> Changing the pinout while everything was installed was a challenge,
>
> When I was working on the Z90, I found it helpful to rememebr that it was
> a Z19 with the processor board added (making n H88) and then the floppy
> disk system added after that. And that it was best to remove things in
> the reverse order. Take the floppy drive out first, then the add-on
> boards, then the CPU board and finally the Z19 board, etc.

I didn't want to have to tear down the whole machine just to make it easy
to move a single pin. :)

>> especially while simultaneously trying to avoid touching the yoke on the
>> CRT neck. :)
>
> I assume you were doing this with the machine turned off. In whcih case
> what's the problem with the yoke? It's not a colour CRT so there's no
> real alignment problem if you do slightly move it. There's no stored high
> voltage on the yoke.

I'm paranoid enough that I didn't want to come in contact with any part of
the CRT at all.  I wasn't worried about moving the yoke, I was worried
about it biting me.  It's nice to know that with the power off there
wasn't any danger though.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007