anyone utilizing early Macs to access the internet?

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Tue Sep 23 07:47:05 CDT 2008

2008/9/23 Doc Shipley <doc at mdrconsult.com>:

> <rant>
>  I might point out that an SE/30 with an ethernet card and 16 or 32MB of RAM
> would be just as capable on the internet.  The real sticking point here is
> that even we have come to define "internet access" by browser availability
> and performance.
> </rant>

I have an SE/30 with 128 MB RAM and an Ethernet card running NetBSD.
Just needs a new disk because there's something about Quantum SCSI
drives and NetBSD that eventually leads to disk errors.

Lovely little machine, one of the finest Macs ever built. I'd love to
score an internal greyscale card for it.

.tsooJ