HP9836C colour alignment (grey scale tracking)

Gordon JC Pearce MM3YEQ gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Wed Sep 24 15:02:30 CDT 2008

Tony Duell wrote:
>>> Has anyone ever done this setup and can offer any tips?
>> Sounds like you can hardly make it worse.
>
> Well, that's the problem. According to one of the HP manuals,
> misadjustment can cause damage. Of course that damage might not be too
> serious so it's probably worth giving it a go.

I'm guessing that they mean "driving the tube so hard the people across
the road complain" kind of damage.  Certainly I'd replace the two
resistors that have gone high, and assess the picture from there.  If it
hasn't been twiddled by a previous owner then the chances are it'll be
"good enough".

Gordon