LED displays (TIL305, TIL308, etc.)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Sep 30 13:12:15 CDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 12:34 AM, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> Yep.  I wouldn't mind getting some nixies to play with too,  but
> those are
> getting way too complicated too.  And are the driver chips for them
> available
> at all any more?   What was it,  the 7441?

   I do a lot of stuff with Nixie tubes.

   7441s are pretty rare, but 74141s are around.  The Russian clone
of the 74141, the K155, is readily available on eBay at reasonable
prices.  I've used quite a few of them with good results.

   Nixie tubes really aren't that difficult to drive.  If you decide
to give them a shot, drop me a note and I'll send you some info to
get you started.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire