DIP IC test clips

Keith keithvz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 2 16:56:53 CDT 2009

Hi there.

I'm currently using "nose pickers" (a friend at work related that
pleasant name) aka XKM grabbers
(http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/webtronics_2042_10920298)  to
attach my low-cost pc-based logic analyzer to some old DIP chips.

They are pretty nice but when you start using a bunch in a row, they can
get pretty cumbersome.

I'm looking for DIP IC test clips for both 40-pin and 48-pin chips.
40-pin doesn't seem too hard to come by, 48-pin seems harder.

Here's a picture of what I'm basically looking for:

http://www.ap-products.com/images/tc02.gif

They clip on the already socketed IC and provide square male header pins
on the top of the clip to attach.

These are for personal use, and I don't want to spend $100 on clips.

Anyone have a line on cheap clips or happen to have any around you want
to get rid of?

Thanks

Keith

P.S. I can find plenty of online datasheets from various manufacturers
but trying to find a stocking reseller that will sell them onesy twosy
to hobbyists is harder.