Fiche scanning (was Re: [Simh] Listings of XXDP test and maindec'sfor 11/70)

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Wed Apr 15 07:04:36 CDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-14 16:17:26 -0300, Alexandre Souza <alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br> wrote:
> > The DEC ones I've seen are extremely high resolution - from
> > memory,  something like 11 x 13 A4 pages on a fiche around 1" x
> > 1.5".  I'm not sure what the current scanner technology is like,
> > but not so long ago consumer-grade stuff just wouldn't handle that
> > kind of density; even the ones coming somewhere close were relying
> > on lots of interpolation rather than raw resolution.
>
> You have the reader. It projects a fairly good image on the screen.
> Why not turn the lamp of the scanner off and scan the screen? :o)

Today's consumer grade scanners seem to not work that way. About a
year ago, I removed the glass of my (IIRC) Canon CanoScan LiDE 60.
Without the glass, I didn't get anything out of the scanner except
a complete solid black page...

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:                   ...und wenn Du denkst, es geht nicht mehr,