pdp11/70 front panel frame

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Apr 23 05:48:42 CDT 2009

Paul Anderson <useddec at gmail.com>  wrote:

> I think I have a few front panels left, including the RDC, but not sure of the frames. Are they the same as an 11/40 or 11/45?

I don't think so. It's been very long since I played with an 11/40, but
the 11/40 and 11/45 have way fewer switches than the 11/70, and the
frame lines up with the switches on the 11/70.
Can't remember for sure the exact details of the 11/40 I played with,
but it must have had some kind of filler on the panel, to get to the edges.

If I remember right, the RDC panel reused the 11/70 panel frame, by the way.

By the way, I could kill whoever broke an 11/70 just to have a panel.
And that panel on ePay looks really clean (but that's just me, and I
don't like ePay at all anyway).

	Johnny